Available volumes: 12, 16, 18, 20 m3
With a complete range of diameters, capacities and pressures Faber cylinders are suitable for the most versatile applications in Natural Gas Vehicles. Faber supplies lightweight high-quality cylinders for CNG at the best price available all over the world.
How to recognize Faber
Standards and regulations of all countries require the name of the manufacturer, or its code, or its symbol, to be stamped on the dome of the cylinders.
- All the cylinders (and the accumulator shells) produced by Faber Industrie Spa are stamped FABER.
- Only in US they are stamped M8303 which is the DOT code for Faber.
- Next time you purchase a cylinder look for FABER stamp on it (or for its code). If you do not purchase cylinders but you work with them or you use them for leisure or maybe for health care applications, you too should become familiar with FABER stamping on the cylinders.
Looking after and maintaining well a cylinder stamped FABER will bring you many years of use safely.
During production all the cylinders are subject to:
- Hardness test
- Ultrasonic inspection
- Hydraulic (proof and volumetric expansion) tests
- Leak test on spun cylinders
- Check of the critical dimensions and of the threads
- Check of the marking
- Check of the specified internal and external surface finish
- Flawed cylinders burst-test
- The materials (steel, fibres, resins, etc.) are carefully selected depending on their eventual use conditions, after verifying the chemical, physical, mechanical characteristics and, where necessary, their stress-corrosion resistance.
- The fracture mechanics analysis of the steel allows us to define the maximum permissible defects in the cylinders, in order to enable us:
- to establish the non-destructive tests in the production line
- to guarantee the product fatigue life
- to demonstrate that a leak precedes only a hypothetical burst of the cylinder
- The cylinders’ surface protection is considered to be a function of the various environmental conditions of use and of the various corrosion agents.
- Faber cylinders are manufactured according to a quality control program certified to ISO 9001